Who are we?
- Workshop17 is a converted warehouse. It is an initiative of the V&A Waterfront and is operated by OPEN. The warehouse provides opportunities to share, build and showcase across disciplines, sectors and cultures to accelerate the discovery of new solutions.
- A large free public area to come and work, meet, get a taste of what is happening, or just have great coffee, tea or healthy lunch.
- A large co-working area with hot desks, dedicated desks, meeting areas, and dedicated work areas for teams.
- Eight fully equipped rooms for meetings, teaching, presentations, and catering for groups from two to 90 participants.
- Two creative spaces for idea generation, creative sessions and de-stressing.
- Dedicated offices and office suites from 64m2 to 330m2.
The Waterfront is the number one destination in Africa, with about 24 million visitors each year. Workshop17 is adding a new element to the Waterfront ecosystem of retail, residential, hospitality, entertainment, and food.
Workshop17 is not only a local hub, it also provides a landing platform and stepping stone for international players in academia and business to come into Africa and link with local talent to develop solutions for Africa which the world can see.